With all the fitness and health trends out there, I thought I would share some of my favorite things with you. So, here they are:
- HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training): fast, “fun”, effective
- Exercise Bands: so versatile and a game changer for exercises. Also, easy to take with you anywhere
- TRX Suspension Trainer: another versatile and portable piece of equipment. But, learn how to use it properly from an expert before getting one!
- Exercise with Friends: turning happy hours into workout sessions can lead to a healthier friendship. Go for a walk/run, find a workout class to join, grab coffee and explore your neighborhood, bike rides, etc.
- Finding Workouts You LIKE: and ideally will stick with. From yoga to zumba to HIIT and crossfit there is a plethora of workouts available. Find what you like and DO IT. Even if that’s walking with a friend
NUTRITION: (and even my kids and husband like all of these!)
- Chicken Crust Pizza: just try it! Easy, high protein, delicious, PIZZA
- Flourless Chocolate Chip Chickpea Blondies: yum, that’s all
- Organic Edamame Spaghetti: found at Costco. Spaghetti has never been tastier or healthier! I pair with shrimp and pesto
- Protein, Veggies & Whole Grains: it’s so simple and what I eat for almost every meal. A lean protein of choice, veggies galore, and occasionally some quinoa or brown rice or farro.
- Meal Planning & Prepping: makes life so much easier!
- Self-Care: taking care of yourself makes you a better YOU which reflects in how you treat and care for others. Find what self-care works for you
- Investing in YOU: Investing in your health is important and worth every penny. Even though I’m a trainer/health coach I workout with a trainer once per week and I am seeing a nutritionist to help with some gut issues. We can’t do it alone!
- Goal Setting: whenever you are feeling unexcited about life, set a goal! It gives you purpose, power, feeling of worth, and excitement. Shameless plug – see below for my Goal Setting Workshop happening Monday.
- Positive Thinking: you can actually reduce stress by eliminating negative self-talk and adding in positive thinking.
- Podcasts: I’m in love. I learn, I get lost in them, I enjoy them while I workout, there are endless topics. My faves: This American Life, TED Radio Hour, Radiolab, Stuff You Should Know.